Here is what Shawn summarized in end of the year 1998.
- (1) Newborns:
- Welcome Ethan Zou, son of Kevin Zou and Jenny Yao, to this world on March 20th.
- Welcome Jerry Fu, son of Gang Fu and Jun Zhou, to this world on September 18th.
- (2) Welcome to the states:
- Lu Hongying came to the states and started work at Uni. of California at San Diego.
- Tang WeiZhong came to the states also and is providing help for UTStarcom located on Oakland, CA.
- Lala came to University of Michigan to start his PostDoc program.
- (3) Visiting the states
- Prof. Chen Kangshen visited the states and Canada in July and August.
- Gu Yi visited the states in September.
- (4) Finally, Liu Chang and his wife are reunited. Mrs. Liu flew to Germany in
early this year after all the hurdles.
- (5) Career track: Except few, almost all the recipients on this mailing list
changed their job at least once this year.
- (6) Relocation track:
- Gang Fu moved to his new house.
- Bi moved back from North Carolina to Houston, TX and bought a hugh house. (potential reunion
- Chen JiZhong from California to Virginia,
- while Yang Shawn from Virginia to California.
- Lala from Singapore to Ann Arbor, MI.
- Lu and Tang from Hangzhou to San Diego, CA and Oakland, CA, respectively.
- Tu from WuHan to Japan.
- Who else?
- (7) Moment of Glory:
- Liu Chang had a great time in Holland this summer while he attended a conference as a keynote speaker.
- Shawn Yan rushed back to China in Thanksgiving.
- (8) Great ZheDa debuted its first day in September as the largest university
- Need help from everybody to add more. Anything you like to write it